Tuesday 2 December 2014

Christmas Cupcakes | Blogmas day 2

Hello Everyone!
So today I thought that I would do something simple yet super Christmassy - Christmas baking/cake decorating!  



On Saturday, my little brother and I decided that we wanted to make some cupcakes and I just thought I would share them with you. If you don't know already the ingredients you will need to make 12 cupcakes are:

110g of butter
110g of caster sugar
110g of self raising flour
2 medium sized eggs

We chose to make butter cream to decorate our cakes and then used various Christmas decorations to make them look really cute. We used green food colouring for the butter cream and also topped some with melted chocolate to make them look like a Christmas pudding. I was actually quite impressed and proud of the outcome of these cakes, which I know isn't much of an achievement but its a big step up from some of my other decorative attempts. I also think that these designs would look really cool on cake pops but I didn't have the moulds to make them so I had to settle for normal cupcakes.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for Blogmas Day 3!

Sarah x

11 comments :

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog ^^
    The cupcakes look really yummy! Nice decorated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem :) and they were really very nice :P x

      Delete
  2. Ahh cool! I am doing Blogmas too, liking your posts so far. I will make sure to keep up with you!


    thattypicalgurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your other blogmas psosts! x

      Delete
  3. I love cupcake, cupcake with snowman amazing :))
    Thank you for comment my blog, i follow you i hope you follow back:)
    http://www.aureliabu.lt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) and i have followed you back x

      Delete
  4. Wow you've done such a great job! These look amazing! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww these are so cute, sounds like you and your brother had fun!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I wish I had the patience to do these like you have! x
    Laura at Lola and Behold

    ReplyDelete